Proxy mode performance

I am trying to run some benchmarks of gnugk in proxy mode, because I found infos that it might require pretty powerful machine. As a traffic generator I use h323 call generator (callgen323.sourceforge.net).
When I run test i can see calls being made, ethereal sniffs a lot of udp traffic and some call signalling, everything looks just great. After establishing about 40 "background" calls i make my own call to check quality and it is great. So what is my problem you may ask:) The problem is that the computer running proxy is old celeron 400 with 128Mb of RAM and during tests cpu is only 20%.
Am I missing something? Can it be possible? Has anyone tried to use this call generator?

I would appreciate any opinions
Piotrek