Re: Gk on a box with dynamic IP

Hello,

I made the same with a little external script which sends reload
command to the proxy when the IP changes (script stored into
/etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ under Debian). This worked fine for me with earlier
versions of gnugk (unfortunately I can't remember from which version
it doesn't work well), however 2.2beta5 definitely doesn't work well
in this situation. For more details:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5534835&forum_id=3079

Maybe 2.0.9 works better in this situation, I didn't try. The option
Freddy proposed may be good as well:
"In the status port do this:
debug set Gatekeeper::Main Home xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the new IP you got. Then reload"

However you have to add more Home addresses, not just the public IP on
outer side of the NAT box - I didn't go further with this.

I hope that the issue will be fixed in near future (I'm trying to find
something in codes, however I'm a very newbie in C++).

Kind regards,
        Thomas