Re: gnugk staticaly linked FreeBSD

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 06:15:55 +0300
""P. P." "<block111@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Believe it - I've done many tests on this.

The main difference between the two environments seems to be that the MS
linker is much more efficient at throwing away code that is not needed.
The GNU linker is simply not as good at finding unused code and not
including it in the final executable.

   Craig

 Craig Southeren, craigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.postincrement.com
 Post Increment - Software, Consulting and Services
 Co-founder of the only open source H.323 project
 Phone: +61 2 43654666   Fax: +61 2 43673140   Mobile: +61 417 231046
 ICQ: #86852844          MSN: craig_southeren@xxxxxxxxxxx
 PGP Key:     http://www.postincrement.com/pgp.txt
 Blog:        http://www.southeren.com/blog