Re: gnugk staticaly linked FreeBSD

P. P. wrote:
Hello everybody, I have a simple question

I compiled gnugk static build on freebsd and the final size is 8Mb
(-Os was used) How do I get it to be smaller size (which variables or
compiler flags I need to set?) I used standart compile options for
pwlib & openh323 as on a win32 machine (without all openssl expat
etc.) Even the binary from gnugk.org for FreeBSD Executable (static
for FreeBSD 4.9, with Radius authentication and accounting, no LDAP,
no MySQL support large fd_set) wheighs 1.5Mb (How can I at least get
it this small???) Is it gcc isn't this good or I have really wrong
settings??? (On vc6 I have static gnugk ~1.5Mb with almost the same
settings)

Any input apreciated

strip ?