Re: link errors under MacOS X

Hi all,

Many thanks to Michal and Craig for your help.

> The last few versions of OpenH323 have included the IXJ code only if the
> host environment contains any of the following files:
>
> linux/telephony.h
> sys/telephony.h
> /usr/local/include/sys/telephony.h
>
> And if those files are there, then it should compile.

I determined that none of those files are present on my system.

> > Maybe undefine HAS_IXJ macro and remove ixjunix.cxx file from the build
> > (you will need to edit Makefile and openh323u.mak). IXJ (and audio/video
> > drivers in general) is not used by GnuGk, so it can be disabled.

I found that HAS_IXJ is not being set, but ixjunix.cxx was being loaded anyway,
so there appears to be a bug in the configuration logic.
I deleted the references to the .cxx and .h from src/Makefile, and the system
then built without error (except for some warnings that I don't believe
are related to the problems below).

When execution is started, the system dies on a bus error after a few
seconds.  The trace file shows only two lines: logging started and a
'singleton' entry.  I did not attempt to debug this.

I have a gnugk 2.0.3 running fine on a Linux box with the same (Mac
Power PC) hardware.  It was built using openh323 1.11.7 and pwlib 1.4.11 .
I moved those files to the Darwin system, and it compiled and runs
with no problems!  Version 2.0.3 meets my present needs, so I am inclined
not to pursue this further, unless there is a Mac expert here who can help.

But just for laughs, I tried gnugk 2.0.3 with the new openh323.  A few
lines of source needed tweaking to get it to compile.  It died with
the same bus error, so it appears that it is openh323 that has lost its
Mac compatibility.

I did not attempt to try the new gatekeeper with the old libraries,
because the manual says that it won't work :)

Jan, if you would like the MacOS X binary for gnugk 2.0.3, I would
be glad to send it.  Sorry that I couldn't do better.

Thanks again,

Stewart