RE: Issue with H323 version 4 gateways

Hello Michael,

First off all I would like to tell you that these were my findings and I
liked some sort of confirmation but never received any answer. I only
noticed similar error conditions mentioned in the forum especially when
using cisco gateways for termination. When I adjusted the information in the
h225 CS part during the terminalcapability set it suddenly did work well. So
consider this solution like some ad hoc untested thing. When I come back to
my office later next week I will look up the exact patch I made.

Standardization? I am fighting since 802.3 with this.

Here is some snappet from the manual... It has lots of more interesting
information...

E.16.2 H.225.0 Call signaling
the table. Those missing messages shall be secured according to procedure
II/III as well. The text in the table below corrects this error.
[Begin Correction]
H.225.0 Call Signaling message	H.235 signaling fields	authentication-only
authentication
&
integrity	non-repudiation
Alerting-UUIE, CallProceeding-UUIE, Connect-UUIE, Setup-UUIE, Facility-UUIE,
Progress-UUIE, Information-UUIE, ReleaseComplete-UUIE, Status-UUIE,
StatusInquiry-UUIE, SetupAcknowledge-UUIE, Notify-UUIE	cryptoTokens
Procedure II/III	procedure II/III	procedure II/III
[End Correction]

6.5.14	Annex D Section 2 – Specification Conventions
entirely precise on the integrity protection of call signaling messages.
Q.931 is not properly addressed. This has led to confusion. The following
addition provides the clarification.
Section D.5 – Conventions

Tjapko.