RE: [OpenH323] OpenPhone 1.8.1 registration with GnuGK2.0.7

Dear all.

Hmmm... it seems that I mislooked something somewhere, or falsely copied data from the gatekeeper log to windows notepad. Anyway, in front of me I have a trace from few days ago where the GCF contains 131.xxx.xxx.53 as rasChannel, and where as far as I remember the RRQ was sent to 131.xxx.xxx.69. Hence my astonishment.

But if now I look into the GCF and the RRQ's IP destination address, they match whatever setup I use.
So whatever it was that caused the mismatch, now it is resolved.

What I have concluded up till now is that setting Home= in the [Gatekeeper::Main] section does not force GCF messages to be sent out over that interface on a machine with multiple interfaces (instead it goes out over the machine's default interface), whereas the RCF is always sent from the IP specified by Home=. Should not also the GCF be sent out over this specified interface, such that always really only the one interface specified is used for all H.323 traffic?

If no Home= is specified, although the gk tells the client to send RRQ to 131.xxx.xxx.69 (don't have a clue yet why it chooses so), the RCF is sent out via the machine's default interface 131.xxx.xxx.53. Is this a bug in the gatekeeper? The result: although the endpoint is now registered, OpenPhone does not know about it and reports a 'gatekeeper transport error'.

What's left for questions from my initial mail is this:
Q4> can I specify anywhere the number of RRQs OpenPhone sends before deciding that registration did not succeed?
Q5> why does OpenPhone always send out two GRQ messages almost instantaneously when in automatic gatekeeper discovery mode (I did not set any reregistration entry)?
Q6> why does the gatekeeper send back 4 GCF messages if no home IP is specified and OpenPhone is in automatic gatekeeper discovery mode?

Best regards,
Rene.