From: iTS Consult@ncy [mailto:itsc99@cantv.net]
Sent: Miércoles, 18 de Febrero de 2004 08:46 p.m.
Subject: RE:  Issue with H323 version 4 gateways

I posted this a while ago. It might be releated?

Hi,

I recently ran into some minor issue that I like to know if somebody else
ran into this issue.

I use merely hardware 1 port, 4 port and 8 port VoIP gateways that run on
version 2 of h323 with gnugks version 2.0.7.  They run fine. recently I
added some version 4 - h323 endpoints that caused the error that a call from
1 - v2 - h323 to a v4 - h323 endpoint is being successfull established but
disconnect after 10 seconds up to 30 seconds after call establishment.

This is caused by a new protocol description in the h323 ITU manual for
version 4.

Trace analysis showed me this: In the h225 capability Set part in the
h323_message_body the messagetype is reading "empty" for version 2 and
"facility(UUIE)" for version 4. Of course the error only occurs if you use
tunneling between the (inzone) devices.

This mismatch will cause your endpoints to behave like mentioned because a
release complete will be generated at the recieving endpoint. Also some
terminators can't deal with this issue and disconnect your call setup after
10 to 30 sec's for no specific reason.

I am not sure if this problem is being dealt with in the latest version of
gnugk since I dont use the latest 2.0.7. "released" release.

Any experiences would be welcome. Tjapko.