Re: something to think about

My 2p worth.

I have tested endpoints behind NAT working fine. All I had to do was
ensure that the necessary ports on the NAT routers were forwarded to
the voip devices (I cheated and forwarded ALL protocols/ports to the
voip device). My gk is running on a public address and I had the enable
proxy in the ini. That was about it.

Just worked then with no problem.

> Craig,
>
> Thank you for exposing your knowledge. I was one of the people that
> have been asking NAT related questions last week. I'm an electrical
> engineer/software designer and I have been working with VoIP (Cisco,
> Cirilium, Quicknet) for the past year and a half, so I can say I'm not
> an ignorant in the field. Until now I could not make the gnugk work
> properly with NAT boxes (in many different scenarions such as gnugk
> behind NAT, ATAs behind NAT, etc...). So if anyone has config
> files/info on those scenarios, please post. Regards, Andrew
Name: Dr Steve Mace
E-mail: steve@solwise.co.uk
http://www.solwise.co.uk
Tel: 0845 458 4558 (local rate)
Fax: 0845 458 4559
Intl. Fax: +44 1482 672877
VoIP: solwise-voip.co.uk/213.249.152.211