GK and redundancy and Backup

Sebastian,

I'm running into the same problem as you... I'm running GnuGK 2.0.6 on a
500mhz PIII with 512MB in full proxy mode with almost 4000 enteries in
my rewrite table. Also the radius and MySQL are running on this box.
This allows me to run 2 full T1's (total of 46 channels) at 100%
utilization on the T's, and the CPU usage is up around  50% at peak.. I
have one more T1 getting ready to open up, as soon as my harris people
configure it correctly. So it will be interesting to see the load when
that traffic starts coming through...

To do the balancing,  you can limit the number of calls on one GK and
send anything over to an alternate gatekeeper. Things to look at under
[Gatekeeper::Main] are "RedirectGK" and "AlternateGKs"

As to the capacity... TOP is a wonderful command to watch the load on
your machine. Keep an eye on the CPU usage, and the memory. With our
current setup I am saying we can run 3 full t1's and possibly 4 if we're
lucky on the one box. Now if I take off radius, and MySQL we could
probably open it up further.

I haven't gotten around to the balancing part of it, but soon will
(hopefully!). We plan on doing some funky things in the near future with
our routing. So as soon as I get new hardware, I'll be able to play
again! Hard to play on a production box...

Message: 12