Re: I need some suggestion

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 06:08, Samuele Giovanni Tonon wrote:
> i have a  Linux Nat Box  in which i have installed gnugk
> to make it possible to ppl inside the lan, to use Gnome Meeting
> or NetMeeting with other ppl outside the lan.
>
> The Nat Box is IPCop, however i managed a way to install gnugk (2.0.6)
> on it.

Same here.

> I have checked iptables rules to be sure gnugk can accept connection
> to the public ip interface and forward on the internal one.
>
> iptables is 1.2.7 with h323 patch

Are you referring to the h323 modules?  You probably don't need them.  I
don't have them loaded.  I know they are loaded by default on IPCop, I
removed those lines in the proper rc. file.

> My conf is this:
> ###########
> [Gatekeeper::Main]
> Fourtytwo=42
> TimeToLive=600
>
> [RoutedMode]
> GKRouted=1
> H245Routed=1
> CallSignalPort=1721

You might want to consider making this port 1720 since it's likely that
your IPCop machine will not be used as an endpoint also.

> CallSignalHandlerNumber=2

Your IPCop box must be multi processor?

> AcceptNeighborsCalls = 1
> AcceptUnregisteredCalls=1
> SupportNATedEndpoints=1

I didn't see either H245PortRange or Q931PortRange in there.  If you
don't specify, it will use random ports.  I doubt that you want to be
opening up all ports.

> [Proxy]
> Enable=1
> #InternalNetwork=10.0.0.0/16

RTPPortRange
Likewise, I don't see  RTPPortRange or T120PortRange.  Same thing about
using random ports.

> [RasSrv::ARQFeatures]
> CallUnregisteredEndpoints=1
>
> [GkStatus::Auth]
> rule=allow
> ###########
>

> If i use Gnome Meeting from the internal lan, i can connect to
> ils.seconix.com and make chat, audio video with other.
> If i use Net Meeting, it doesn't work.
> On NM i setted up under Options, Advanced,  the ip of the GateKeeper
> as the one in which gnugk is running and a id name, however in this way
> i can't connect to an ils .
> If i put the gnugk ip   not as a gatekeeper but as a gateway on the
> option of netmeeting, i can connect to an ils, i can also request a
> call to other ppl, but the video, the text, and the audio is not working.

I don't use ILS so I can't comment but how about trying direct
connections.  Do they work?

Remember that after you assign some ports to the gnugk.ini file, those
same ports need to be opened up on the FW, probably in the rc.local file
or wherever you opened up port 1720.