Re: Virtual Queues

Hi Jan,

According to what you said: " It looks if the first destination field in an ACF
message from an ednpoint matches a queue name set by VirtualQueue=..."

Well, how does the queue name get into the ACF message. Suppose that the ACF
comes from a remote endpoint, do I need to ask him to configure something special
on his side?

Or, if I understand correctly, the content of that field is controlled from the
origination side, and is unique per each endpoint, same as the information that
appears in the CDR's under SrcInfo. Which means that I would need to create
virtual queues for each endpoint? Hmmm.... that doesn't make much sense.

Maybe I have it upside down ....

Nir S

Nir S

Jan Willamowius wrote:

Hi,

the handling on the gatekeeper side is very simple:
It looks if the first destination field in an ACF message from an
ednpoint matches a queue name set by VirtualQueue=...
If so, it doesn't process the ACF, but sends a RouteRequest.

When you send your RouteToAlias reply, that new destination is patched
into the pending ACF and _then_ the ACF is processed as if came in that
way.

For gateways it's a little more complicated but that's the idea.

- Jan

Nir Simionovich wrote:

Hi Jan,

I tried taking a look at it, and to be honest, got completely
confused.
I'm not much a JAVA man, so it didn't make much sense to me.

The thing that confused me is this:
To my understanding, when a call comes on a virtual queue, a line will
appear on the status port, something like this:

RouteRequest|CallerIP:Port|CallerEndpointId|CallRef|VirtualQueue|Call
erAlias

 Then, my program needs to intercept this line, and respond back with
 one
of the following:

RouteToAlias Alias CallingEndpointID CallRef - in order to route to
an endpoint.
RouteReject CallingEndpointID CallRef - In order to reject the call.

My question is this:

1. How does the incoming call gets into the virutal queue at all. Suppose that I
have the following configured on my gnugk.ini:
[RasSrv::PermanentEndpoints]
192.168.1.1=alias1;8000
192.168.1.2=alias2;8001

[CTI::Agents]
VirtualQueue=CC
CTI_Timeout=120

How does an incoming call from a registered endpoint will endup in
the VQ? I simply
don't get it.

Nir S

Jan Willamowius wrote:

Hi Nir,

take a look at the ACD source code
(http://www.gnugk.org/h323-acd.html). It's in Java and does not much
more than dealing with the queues.

- Jan

Nir Simionovich wrote:

Hi All,

I'm looking for a simple example how to configure and use Virtual Queues on GnuGK 2.0.6.\
I would like to use Virtual Queues in order to impose LCR and

Capacity>

limitations on termination
endpoints.

Can someone please provide an example (C or PHP) of how the

Virtual >Queues work and communicate?

Nir S

Does SourceForge.net help you be more productive? Does it
help you create better code? SHARE THE LOVE, and help us help
YOU! Click Here: http://sourceforge.net/donate/