Re: multiple definitions linker error when building 2.0.5

Please see my comments inline.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Rankin" <rankincj@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 11:40 PM

> > I hoped that -frepo is the option we search for, but
> > it has two drawbacks:
> > *) much longer linking time,
> Not really a problem... Do people want the executable
> or don't they? And how many times will they build it?
> They can leave it building overnight if necessary.

Do you want developers to leave their build overnight too?
That would limit our work progress to one change/per day;-)
But if it appears to be the only possible solution...

> > *) does not solve the problem for all
> > compilers/configurations.
>
> Yes, this *is* a problem. I strongly suspect that
> you're using g++ < 3. However, the solution for g++
> 2.x is explicit template instantiation, and that's
> NASTY.

My gcc version is 3.2.2. I tried to compile GK 2.0
with -frepo and it compiles fine without accounting
enabled. With HAS_ACCT=1 linker generates errors
about 'undefined reference to typeinfo ...' for PBaseArray
templates.
For GK 2.2, -frepo does not help at all.

---
Zygmuntowicz Michal