Re: [Openh323gk-users] Strange test scenario

Thanks for your answer. I think you are probably right in your answer and
hopefully there can be made a patch for this.

The part I don't understand is that same scenario works perfect when both
GK's are in public C. It does not work when the slave Gk is placed in the
routers DMZ with all ports allowed and no firewall activated for this test.
The slave GK does actually come up with a Location confirm but than it dies
immediately because parent site's router don't know where to put the packet.

I would like you to verify the sequence of events. Do you have the same
scenario?

EP1 on parent GK (public c)dials to EP2 on slave GK (NATed)  using the
prefix from the ini file.
Admission Request parentGK for EP1
parentgk does Location Request to slave GK
slaveGK sends Location Confirm to parentGK
Admission confirm from parent Gk to EP1
H225 Call setup from EP1 to parentGK

Now I  have the TCP signalling connection that gets closed immediately.
TCP port 1824 tries to contact EP2's Private (NATed) address

A ICMP destination unreachable code 13 generated by my router
(Probably the ICMP Destination Unreachable message is sent by a router in
response to a packet which it cannot forward because the destination (or
next hop) is unreachable or a service is unavailable. Examples of such cases
include a message addressed to a host which is not there and therefore does
not respond to ARP requests, and messages addressed to network prefixes for
which the router has no valid route. )

Release complete from parent GK to EP1 and the party is over.

In between there is a lot of TCP traffic between child gk and parent gk at
port 7777 and 1786 that I have no clue for what this is....

Tjapko.