Re: [Openh323gk-users] Can't login to gatekeeper

He he. :) Am not using IPSec. The module seems there with default installed
kernel and modprobe loads it. Since I never used it before I am not sure how
to test if it works. I don't have WAN. If you have any idea how to test it
on an ADSL connection let me know and I will try to test it (at least if it
doesn't require me to lose half day to figure out how it works and configure
it:) ). Anyway,  Mandrake Linux uses urpmi which is similar to apt-get from
debian. It allows you to update from ftp sites which provide ML packages and
also resolves dependencies for you. So even if for some reason the module in
this version would be broke, you would still be able to update your kernel
and get a good version. For firewalls and iptables I found out that the
best/easiest way for all 2.4 based distro's which use iptables is to install
the SuSEfirewall2 package. Pretty easy to install too (never had probs with
it) and it also creates the init scripts for you in the corresponding boot
levels. It generates scripts on the fly from a rc.firewall2 config file on
the fly and loads them. The config file is very good commented, easy to
understand and spares you a lot of typing for the rules. Fastest
firewall/routing configuration I've ever lived.:) If you want to modify the
rules by hand afterwards, you can always ask it to generate the file only
and you can taylor it to your taste and then load it.  The 2 h323 modules
are not loaded by default, so you have to do it yourself. Hope this helped.

In theory you should be able to use gnugk to route the h323 trafic through
your firewall if you run it in proxy mode and both be called and call. I
managed to get it to run and register my NetMeeting to it, but have to wait
for tonight to also try a connection with my father (the only person
available with webcam). The only thing I don't like is the fact that it
requires NetMeeting to register to it, but couldn't find any way of also
registering to an ils server (unless someone on this list provides a
solution). This is a major PITA because you will not be able to find any
person to chat with if that is what you want. You have to know their address
or they have to know yours. With the kernel modules you can use NetMeeting
normally as if that PC would have the direct internet connection. The only
downside is that you cannot use the T.120 based things like chat, drawing
board, etc. In the newer newnat patches there is also support for T.120, but
I am not willing to give up the other goodies in the Mandrake Linux kernel
(like automount, 3rd party modules, etc, etc) and use the standard 2.4.20 or
2.4.21 to patch. I will try to urpmi my kernel and see if the problem solves
(most times the ML staff updates kernels pretty often and with the latest
patches). But in most cases if you want to chat by writing you have the
messengers suite... Your call. I am still undecided.

Best regards,
Adrian