Re: [Openh323gk-users] local and remote registered endpoints

Hallo,

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 04:10:20PM +0200, System Administrator wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Marek  Krasnowski wrote:
>
> > There is no reason to see the  endpoints registered in the neighbour GK.
> > Thansk God, there is no way to do it as well. Think, you're running the
> > commercial voip business. Do you like any of your parters see each other?
> > They may get rig of you if they have the knowledge of each other.
>
> Thanx Marek for your considerations, but, i think this could be a great
> feature if used with adhoc security configurations. Imagine a gread
> virtual pbx that could link many neighbour friend GK, each one bringing
> together and proxing their private LAN, like the following figure:
>
>                             Big Virtual PBX
>             +------------------------------+
>   LAN1 -----|-GK+FW-----> INET <-----GK+FW-|--- LAN2
>             |               |              |
>             |               |              |
>             |             GK+FW            |
>             +---------------+--------------+
>                            LAN3
>
> I think this could be a great solution for many companies having a lot of
> centers dislocated in a wide network area and internet in the middle...but
> it's just an idea :)

your idea is right...

For example:

LAN1 has phones, which are using 71xxxxx numbers
LAN2 has phones with 72xxxxx numbers
LAN3 has phones with 73xxxxx numbers

Than, you can specify this:

On the GK1 (for LAN1):

[RasSrv::Neighbors]
GK2=IP_of_GK2:1719;72
GK3=IP_of_GK3:1719;73

On the GK2 (for LAN2):

[RasSrv::Neighbors]
GK1=IP_of_GK1:1719;71
GK3=IP_of_GK3:1719;73

On the GK3 (for LAN3):

[RasSrv::Neighbors]
GK1=IP_of_GK1:1719;71
GK2=IP_of_GK2:1719;72

On the every GK you have to set this options:

[RasSrv::LRQFeatures]
AcceptForwardedLRQ=1
IncludeDestinationInfoInLCF=1

[RoutedMode]
GKRouted=1
H245Routed=1
AcceptNeighborsCalls=1

And you will see :-)

Or you can use a configuration similar as in the OpenH323
documentation (about endpoints). In this case you will get a tree
of gatekeepers...

> > br
> >
> > Marek

Sincerely
Jan Marek
--
Ing. Jan Marek               | Nez mi poslete prilohu .doc, .xls
University of South Bohemia  | nebo .ppt, prectete si, prosim,