[Openh323gk-users] Re: [Openh323gk-developer] RADIUS based alias authentication

Michal,

In  our gatekeeper, (not the gnu gatekeeper), we implemented routing
access_request slightly different from what you have done in
radauth.cxx.  Aside from being able to authenticate by alias and/or
signaling address, we also pair corresponding radius addresses that will
autheniticate the account.  This allows us to have multiple radius
servers catering to different accounting/authentication segments.  We
also discriminate what VSA to use based on the target radius server to
which access_requests would be sent.  If you are interested in
supporting this scheme, this is a good venue for me to get up to speed
in helping out in the radius development.

Regarding accounting, I know thats it is going to be hard. What we did
in our switch is also different approach in terms of proxying signaling
which is patterned on the SIP B2BUA specification which allows calls to
remain stateful instead of using a proxy channel approach.  Of course
this is in exchange for a slight drawback in scalability in terms of the
number of calls that could be handled by one server.

This said, I think the best way to implement radius accounting over
proxy channel is to have a separate finite state machine that will
monitor events from the gnu gk layer and have all accounting modules
propagate from there.

Please tell me your thoughts on this.

Joegen