Re: Future blog

On 12/08/2010 11:49 AM, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> That the result is not what we get with OpenJDK. JamVM, for example,
>>> (and I guess CACAO) has fixed this in their tree as has GCJ. The test
>>> case I used for this is ClassTest.testGetSimpleName() here:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/penberg/malva/blob/master/src/malva/java/lang/ClassTest.java
>>
>> The patch is OK.
>>
>> I'm not sure about this bit, but I can live with it:
>
> No need to live with it, I'll fix it up and resend.

This is truly weird.  The gcj patch says:

2008-05-22  Andrew Haley  <aph@xxxxxxxxxx>

	PR libgcj/35020
	* java/lang/Class.java (getSimpleName): Import from GNU Classpath.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2008-q2/msg00016.html

There's a complex thread of replies to that.  Still, I'm pretty
sure the current gcj version is right.

Andrew.