Re: Future blog

On 12/08/2010 10:05 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:

>> As is, if you're going to put some time in, I'd rather it was spent
>> reviewing patches than messing about with the VCS.
>
> Point taken. In my defense, I like tinkering with "services" around the
> code base. Having autobuilders, a good dvcs integrated with a bug
> database, etc. help me get motivated that the code base is useful and in
> a good shape.
>
>> Moving it all to Mercurial just so it's easier for someone else to
>> create a forked lower-quality copy that accepts unreviewed patches is
>> not a good motivation IMHO.
>
> That would not be the motivation. Getting rid of the pain that is CVS
> would be.

Replaced with the pain of Mercurial.  :-)

Anyway, I don't mind that as long as someone else does it.  (Clearly,
the issue of developers without commit access is a red herring, as
every developer should have commit access.)

But I'm afraid people are looking at the things they think might make
a difference, but won't make a difference.  I read the list, and
haven't seen a huge number of unreviewed patches, but I admit I
haven't been paying close enough attention.

I hereby offer to review some patches.  Please send pointers to the
list.

Andrew.