Future blog

Hi all,

For those who didn't see Pekka's blog on planet.classpath.org you can
find it here:
http://penberg.posterous.com/whats-the-future-of-gnu-classpath

He makes some very good points. I agree with all of them.
Now the cool thing would be if I said "lets do them all right now!".
But instead I am going on vacation and be offline for about two weeks.
Sorry about that. But I didn't want to not respond at all.

As soon as I am back I would like us to at least start moving to
mercurial on savannah if people don't mind. This is just because other
projects around free java (hi openjdk) are also using mercurial and it
seems convenient to use something similar, but other suggestions
appreciated. Hopefully we can do something similar for Mauve (it isn't
abandoned, more in the same state as GNU Classpath). And somehow
integrate/extend it with Malva and the jtreg testsuite from OpenJDK.
(They probably should stay separate projects, but at least the
autobuilder should run them. The autobuilder is in a really bad shape,
but there is a new host already that can pick up the load.)

The discussion on the patches mailinglist does show a real problem
though. We have very little active hackers, and so aren't doing very
well helping new hackers like Pekka and Ivan to get their work
integrated.

Opinions? Suggestions? Flames?

Thanks,

Mark