Re: Future blog

On 12/08/2010 10:56 AM, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Anyway, I don't mind that as long as someone else does it.  (Clearly,
>> the issue of developers without commit access is a red herring, as
>> every developer should have commit access.)
>
> But it's not a red herring! I don't expect to have commit rights to
> GNU Classpath. I'm more than happy to send patches to the list and
> have someone else merge them (that's in fact a model I personally
> prefer).

This model does not scale.  Also, it is unreliable: no-one should
commit a patch they haven't tested themselves.  It leads to extra
work.  It's also bad because it leads to two classes of developers,
those with and those without commit access.

Every developer should commit their own patches.

Andrew.