Re: Savannah has Mercurial!

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew John Hughes <gnu_andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Andrew> For me the speed of diffs/status checks in CVS is appalling
Andrew> and has a significant impact on my work habits.

For diff I can't help you, but for status I recommend the cvs utils.
I've used these upwards of ten years, I can't really picture using cvs
without them.

FWIW, I'm ambivalent about changing Classpath's VC system.  We haven't
had many branches historically (do we have any now?), bypassing one of
cvs's big problems.  The diff thing is annoying, though I guess I'm
used to it.

One consideration is whether there is Eclipse support for the new
system.  Assuming, that is, that any active Classpath developers are
using Eclipse.

Tom