Re: Savannah has Mercurial!

Il giorno ven, 06/06/2008 alle 15.05 +0100, Ian Rogers ha scritto:
> Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> > I just noticed this announcement when submitting the news announcement
> > for 0.97.2.
> >
> > What do people think to the idea of switching?  Maybe post 0.98?
> >

> Hi,
>
> just to give a different perspective. For Jikes RVM there's been no
> choice to use Mercurial as SourceForge don't provide it,

Hi Ian!

We use hg with escher, and it's hosted on sf. You may give a look at
this:

http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/MercurialOnSourceforge

It's not publicized, but allowed by the sf team as far as I know.

> So in summary, having a central repository that's an
> SVN repository can be a good thing as it supports the maximum number of
> version control tools. We have a list of different tools for working
> with our repository (hg, git, svn, svk, darcs, svm, rsync) and how to
> set them up with Jikes RVM here:
>
> http://jikesrvm.org/Using+Distributed+And+Local+Version+Control+Tools
>
> I may be talking rubbish as I'm not a version control guru. Regards,

I'm not sure I understand, but I don't think it's a good idea for
development to mix up.

Just my 2 cents :)

Mario