Re: How to build Classpath without Classpath

>> ecj-binary -> gcj-4.3 ->  classpath 0.9x (x >= 5) -> cacao
>> 0.98+hg20071001 (or newer) ->  ecj(-bootstrap)

Gustavo> Yes very well, I having nightmares cause I can't have a
Gustavo> binary build of gcc 4.3 or 4.4 without errors on uClibc, I
Gustavo> guess cross compiling is a solution but gcc 4.2.X and gcc
Gustavo> 4.1.X works natively. Having java on embedded systems is more
Gustavo> painful than last year.

It seems to me that it should be possible to compile Classpath on
*any* machine with a working java environment, then copy the classes
around.

I haven't looked at the cacao or jamvm build systems in a while, but
supporting something like this would make it simpler to do ports.
For instance, we could just have a glibj.zip download somewhere --
bootstrap problem solved.

Tom