How to build Classpath without Classpath

Hello list, I don't know if is this the proper list to ask, I've working on
embedded systems with java, so this year I decide to upgrade my base system,
and as always build it from scratch.

As JVM, I use kaffe, cause was portable and able to be changed for building on
uClibc, so kaffe has no more a version of classpath embedded anymore, they
use now Gnu Classpath as an external required tool.

I have gnu gcj from gcc 4.2.3.

Trying to compile Gnu Classpath 0.97.1 it ask for a javah command, but cause I
do not have already a JVM I don't have this feature, so I need Java to build
Classpath and Classpath to build Java.

Then I was able to build kaffe 1.1.7 that has an embedded older version of
classpath. Next time I ran configure script, it pass the javah requirement,
but stucks on gcj, that not support gcj -C, debbuging it is: -target
1.5 -source 1.5, gcj does not known about thoose options.

Trying to get an older version of Gnu Classpath, I run ./configure from 0.90
version, it detects gcj, and builds properly and fine, but is old.... so if
we talk as Gnu Classpath as an alternative to Sun's JVM... How can I build
the lastest version 0.97.1 or newer just having gcj it means without a
classpath.

I'll gonna try gcj from another gcc version may be unstable or new 4.3.0 but I
don't know about this feature 1.5, may be is something related to CLASSPATH
variable, I set this variable to a wide set of combinations including the
path to glibj.zip from Gnu Classpath 0.90.

I have jikes too, but classpath complains about -Xlint:unchecked works...
configure: error: The Java compiler javac -Xlint:unchecked failed

uLinuxIV kaffe # jikes --version
Jikes Compiler - Version 1.22 - 3 October 2004
uLinuxIV kaffe # java -version
java full version "kaffe-1.4.2"
kaffe VM "1.1.7"
Engine: Just-in-time v3   Version: 1.1.7   Java Version: 1.4
Heap defaults: minimum size: 5 MB, maximum size: unlimited
Stack default size: 256 KB

I'll keep trying :-|

--
Gustavo Guillermo Pérez