Re: Symbol ``['' and a java.net.URI.create method

2008/4/29 Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>:
> Hi all,
>
>  I'm working on adopting of jpackage project to openSUSE and got a problem with
>  build of maven. The jpackage's folks have a script build-jar-repository,
>  which symlinks the jar files in /usr/share/java to defined dir.
>
>  My problem is, that the script produces a links in this
>  form - /foo/bar/[ant].jar which later causes an IllegalArgumentException,
>  because a java.net.URI.create dissallows ``[]'' in URI. The response from
>  jpackage is, that java.net.URI.create has a bug, because symbol ``['' is
>  valid in a Unix path.
>

>  I'm testing several JRE implementations, but only gcj allows the ``[]'' in
>  URI, other ones not.
>
>  What do you think about? Is this really a bug in handling of unix filenames?
>
>  Regards
>  Michal Vyskocil

Thanks, you've found a Classpath bug :)

URIs conform to RFC2396, not the format of UNIX filenames.
--
Andrew :-)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA 7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8