Re: Misleading API comparisons in GNU Classpath website: suggesting to remove the links.

Andrew John Hughes wrote:
On 19/03/2008, Audrius Meskauskas <audriusa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/, next to the phrase "updated
 nightly", it is possible to follow our widely known links to the API
 comparison. The information on these comparison tables is absolutely
 misleading. For instance, javax.swing.html.parser shows as very
 incomplete when I have finished this package myself ages ago. It is
 possible to suspect (correctly) that the API results are strongly
 obsolete but the less informed person may have other, certainly
 misleading thoughts.

 The date of comparison is given at the top right corner, but it is
 formatted "light gray over white" and is hardly seen.

 As the current content is absolutely incorrect, I suggest to remove the
 API comparison pages from the website completely. The alternative
 solution would be to keep fixed comparisons but at least put the more
 recent version - GNU Classpath is well over 99 % complete.

 While "the status of the GNU Classpath project has changed" and so on,
 the well known alternatives likely do not deserve as much as kamikaze
 efforts from our side - to show deliberately the project worse than it is.

 Audrius Meskauskas

I agree.  I submitted a patch for this about a week ago to fix most of
the issues on the home page (including saying we are aiming for
1.1...).  If people are happy with it, I'll commit.
Thanks for the patch. I personally would be happy if it would be applied. Who, if exactly, would be unhappy?

Audrius.