Classpath Tools

Hi all,

Does anyone know why our tools use -Xbootclasspath to load as in:

exec @VM_BINARY@ -Xbootclasspath/p:"${tools_cp}"
gnu.classpath.tools.javah.Main "$@"

The option is not supported by either gcj or JikesRVM (although the
latter also uses it to build).  Can we swap it for just plain
-classpath?

On that subject, does anyone think it's worthwhile to port across the
wrapper from IcePick for these?  This is just a simple bit of C code
that does the same thing as the above script, but also handles the
possibility of -J options, filtering them out and passing them to the
VM instead.  We also maybe should add native support there.

Thanks,
--
Andrew :-)

Support Free Java!