Re: HttpUrlConnection on JamVM

On 1/17/08, Nils Berghs (TELETASK) <nbe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a problem with HttpUrlConnection (using JamVM).

> With a network sniffing tool I took a look at the bytes being sent and when
> I compare the PC and the embedded communication it seems that from the
> embedded system the connection is made but instead of returning, the
> connect() starts sending some data (http headers) and then stops (i think).

Nils, I can't offer any specific advice but maybe these generalities
are helpful.
(1) Try the most recent versions of Classpath + JamVM.
(2) I have successfully run programs which do a lot of socket i/o on systems
equipped w/ JamVM + Classpath. So I speculate the problem is in
HttpUrlConnection specifically and not in the underlying socket stuff.
You might write a test program to verify that socket stuff in general is OK.

HTH

Robert Dodier