Re: Quality control and FOSS rant

I personally see no reason, why Classpath could not have some simple code reviewing system. We may just set up rule that the new patch must come with fixes of all regressions it make. If the rule would be ignored, the older developers may set up the local Mauve testing systems, divide the packages and briefly check if the new coming patches do not break the tests.

People who want to try alternative approaches to CORBA or DTD - HTML parser implementations are unlikely to contribute to the project which only accepts single line bug fixes. If Sun wants to have OpenJDK very stable and production ready, some "experimental" fork likely should be set up anyway (its like RHEL and Fedora).

Also, GNU Classpath is already ported into many systems - with the new features ready to come to these systems just after recompiling an ordinary Classpath release. Just because this simple reason, it may make sense to continue.

Audrius.