OpenJDK, CLasspath - where are things happening?

Hi

I was very excited by the release of OpenJDK under GPL, and was expecting the Classpath community to rise to the occasion and basically select the best tidbits for a common merge.

I have been reluctant to contribute to any Java clone simply because the JVM's we are using are all Sun based, so it would not be beneficial to me - that is before now. I would therefore like to know what has happened. Is Classpath being abandoned as everybody is flocking to the openjdk forums? Is everybody just talking over IRC? Or something else?

I built the OpenJDK under Linux, just to see it was possible. The first thing I wondered about was that the Java code was built by Make instead of Ant, so already there there is a great deal of possible improvements.

Other takes?  What is usable from OpenJDK to fill the gaps in Classpath?

--
 Thorbjørn