Re: ASM and gnu.bytecode

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Andrew> Having gcj depend not only on ASM but also on a *specific version* of
Andrew> ASM is intolerable.  If gnu.bytecode will do the job, we should use
Andrew> it.

I suppose it would be best to import some bytecode library source into
Classpath's tools subdirectory.  Then we'd be insulated from upstream
changes.  Yay static linking!

Ideally we could just import the ASM sources.  I thought this idea was
rejected, but I can't find a link.  I'd like to revisit this, since
this is the simplest way to solve the problem.

It would also be easy to just put the right asm.jar on an ftp site
somewhere, and have a script to download it.  I already checked in a
similar script (to gcc svn) to make it easy for GCC developers to get
ecj.

Failing that we can import GNU Bytecode and switch to that.  FWIW the
only reason this is my last choice is the amount of work involved.

Tom