Re: Jboss/Java1.5 on HPPA in linux

Hi,

On 10/16/06, Trevor Glen <tg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom Tromey wrote:

> Trevor> Has anyone had any luck with a 1.5 vm and/or classpath on a
> Trevor> hppa linux box?
>
> What VM are you using?

gcj. jam and cacao don't support hppa and I didn't much luck at all with
sable and kaffe (ie, it wouldn't even start).

As long as your platform has libffi support (which I guess it must
have if it has gcc) a JamVM port consists of simply defining a couple
of macros for compare and swap and memory barriers (see src/arch/ e.g.
powerpc.h).  You'll also need a null platform directory in
src/os/linux -- this can be based on the x86_64 one, which is almost
empty as the x86_64 port also relies on libffi.

If you're willing to test JamVM I should be able to knock up a quick
port fairly quickly.  The macros required are pretty-standard, so I'll
be able to find something to base them on easily.

To help do this, can you let me know the output of uname -a?  Perhaps
also the contents of /proc/cpuinfo.  Also, do you know if hppa is
little or big-endian?

Thanks,

Rob.

Cheers,