Re: A question @Mark Wilaard (and other developer)

Seems you need to have to register for some sort of account on that site
to post there, but feel free to quote or redistribute my response if you
want.

Yes. I have now posted also your answer in this forum (and this reply).

Sun has in the past chosen to use and create licenses like SISSL and
CDDL, which some say are explicitly designed to be GPL-incompatible so
as to not work together with the larger GNU/Linux community. Lets hope
they are sincere in wanting to work with the existing communities. As
soon as there is code available under a friendly license I am sure we
will see some sort of cooperation between the communities. But no code
is available atm, no license has been chosen and it isn't clear whether
Sun needs or wants help from the community with code that we can provide
for them to create a large free software platform together.

You are right, at the moment there is no JDK-source published by Sun.
But that is also the reason, why I write posts like this.

At
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2162306/first-open-source-java-promised
stands, that Sun published the first code in the next month. And when they publish the code, they have decided, which license they want to use (at fiirst only for javac and the hotspot-compiler).

Its the decision of Sun, how the license of its Java look like. But at the moment it seems, that they want to bring all OpenSource Java communities together.

I fear, that Sun published in the next month the first codes under a license, for which they are have decided itself. And later GNU Classpath people or Apache Harmony people say: "Bad license-decision. It have been more a license like ..., but the code under this license, we will never use and never work on".

All things have its time. And the time where the license of Suns Java will be decided is _before_ it will be published.

And thanks for the answer.
David Gilbert have also answered in the forum.
I hope your comments helps Sun to find the right license.

Greatings
theuserbl