Re: A question @Mark Wilaard (and other developer)

Interesting quote about the CDDL from /.:
<quote>
Not to worry. Firefox is available under GPL. MPL was never widely used
outside of Mozilla, and that chiefly in the period before Mozilla was
widely used. At that, it's a better license than the CDDL. The CDDL
specificly allows distribution of binaries that depend on proprietary
licenses of various forms. One of the forms would make the source code
visible, and not clearly warn users that it was dependant on having
licensed certain software patents...i.e., that the end-users were liable
if they didn't properly license the patents required to use the software,
and the company could know about it and not warn you.

The MPL protected against that. The CDDL removed that protection. So, I
ask myself, *why* would Sun make such a change? (I asked Sun, too. They
never responded...which doesn't prove anything.)
</quote>

http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=195728&cid=16039849

So maybe Sun can take this opportunity to address Software Patents
surrounding Java?
                                                                   David Fu.