ATTENTION: Prospect of merging HEAD with the generics branch

Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> [...]

Depends what you mean by "linking".  The plan is for the gcj "driver"
to invoke "ecj" as a separate program, instead of currently invoking
"jc1". When compiling source to native, it would invoke ecj followed
by jc1.

I.e. ecj is not going to be linked into the same executable as other
applications, though of course it will normally be linked in with libgcj
or some other Free Classpath-base Java run-time.  (For bootstrapping,
people can use any working java.)
--
	--Per Bothner