Re: still not able to change window title bar color [rant]

> On 12 May 2016, at 22:53, Britton Kerin <britton.kerin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> * Why does gnome use ~/.local and ~/.config?  They think they the
> center of my fcking universe that they take these generic names?

They’re generic names because it’s an open standard that KDE and other FOSS desktops and applications also use:

<https://specifications.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html>

> * How do I know if I want ~/.local or ~/.config?  Lots of functional
> overlap to look at the files

Per the spec:

~/.local/share is the default location for user-specific data files.
~/.config is the default location for user-specific configuration files.

(Sorry, can’t help you with your other queries…)

—Calum.