Some questions on gnome 3.10 running on Fedora20

F20 is brand new, and I skipped f18 & 19, so lots of new stuff for me, but still....

I have asked these over on the Fedora list and have not gotten them answered, so I come to the 'source'.

In Nautilus, how do I select Tree view.  Much prefer it to places.

when I run sudo gedit, I cannot get to preferences (for root) to turn off word wrap. The pulldown on the top bar does not work. How do I change preferences for root, as I like to use gedit to edit config files.

thank you

Oh, I would like to be able to see such things as what channel an SSID is on.