Re: Glusterfs community status

Hi Ilias,

Usually when healing problems occur, the first step I do is to take a look if all clients are connected to all bricks using:
gluster volume status all client-list
gluster volume status all clients

Can you check if you have clients connected only to some of the bricks instead of all ?

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov
В вторник, 9 юли 2024 г. в 08:59:38 ч. Гринуич+3, Ilias Chasapakis forumZFD <chasapakis@xxxxxxxxxxx> написа:

Hi, we at forumZFD are currently experiencing problems similar to those
mentioned here on the mailing list especially on the latest messages.

Our gluster just doesn't heal all entries and "manual" healing is long
and tedious. Entries accumulate in time and we have to do regular
cleanups that take long and are risky.  Despite changing available
options with different combinations of values, the problem persists. So
we thought, "let's go to the community meeting" if not much is happening
here on the list. We are at the end of our knowledge and can therefore
no longer contribute much to the list. Unfortunately, nobody was at the
community meeting. Somehow we have the feeling that there is no one left
in the community or in the project who is interested in fixing the
basics of Gluster (namely the healing). Is that the case and is gluster
really end of life?

We appreciate a lot the contributions in the last few years and all the
work done. As well as for the honest efforts to give a hand. But would
be good to have an orientation on the status of the project itself.

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Ilias

--
forumZFD
Entschieden für Frieden | Committed to Peace

Ilias Chasapakis
Referent IT | IT Referent

Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. | Forum Civil Peace Service
Am Kölner Brett 8 | 50825 Köln | Germany

Tel 0221 91273243 | Fax 0221 91273299 | http://www.forumZFD.de

Vorstand nach § 26 BGB, einzelvertretungsberechtigt|Executive Board:
Alexander Mauz, Sonja Wiekenberg-Mlalandle, Jens von Bargen
VR 17651 Amtsgericht Köln

Spenden|Donations: IBAN DE90 4306 0967 4103 7264 00  BIC GENODEM1GLS

________

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Bridge: https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk