Re: How Does Gluster Failover

Title: PEREGRINE IT Signature

You know when you do a `gluster volume info` and you get the whole volume definition, the client graph is built from the same info. In fact, if you look in /var/lib/glusterd/vols/$volume_name you'll find some ".vol" files. `$volume_name.tcp-fuse.vol` is the configuration that the clients receive from whichever server they initially connect to. You'll notice that file has multiple "type/client" sections, each establishing a tcp connection to a server.

Sidenote: You can also see in that file, how the microkernels are used to build all the logic that forms the volume, which is kinda cool. Back when I first started using gluster, there was no glusterd and you have to build those .vol files by hand.