Re: Indexing/Importing existing files on disk

oVirt manages only the FUSE mounts while the bricks are usually pushed in the /etc/fstab.
Of course when you use multiple layers like VDO + software raid (for example) + LVM , the simple fstab doesn't deal properly with it - so I just remove bricks from fstab and put them in systemd mount units.

[root@ovirt ~]# systemctl cat gluster_bricks-largedata.mount --no-pager
# /etc/systemd/system/gluster_bricks-largedata.mount
[Unit]
Description=Mount glusterfs brick
Before = glusterd.service
Conflicts = umount.target

[Mount]
What=/dev/gluster_vg_largedata/largedata
Where=/gluster_bricks/largedata
Type=xfs
Options=noatime,inode64,nouuid,context="system_u:object_r:glusterd_brick_t:s0"

[Install]
WantedBy=glusterd.service

You can use the options in /etc/fstab.

Keep in mind that the name of the mount unit has to match the physical location and any special characters have to be escaped.

For example if you mount your brick at /gluster/brick-1 your mount unit will be (don't forget to add '.mount' to the output of systemd-escape):

[root@ovirt ~]# systemd-escape -p /gluster/brick-1/
gluster-brick\x2d1
[root@ovirt ~]#

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 16:47, Olaf Buitelaar