Re: Unable to upgrade nodes because of cksums mismatch

Am Mo., 27. Dez. 2021 um 16:25 Uhr schrieb Nikhil Ladha <nladha@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 7:24 PM Michael Böhm <dudleyperkins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Mo., 27. Dez. 2021 um 14:04 Uhr schrieb Nikhil Ladha <nladha@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Michael

I think you are hitting a similar issue like this one https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/3066.
If so, the fix for the same is under review and could be available in the next release.

Thanks for your reply. I saw that issue and thought it doesn't really apply to me cause i don't use striping (only Replicate and one Distributed-Replicate). But maybe, if this is a cause for the mismatched cksum, it could be the root cause

Yes, the missing stripe count from the volfile after the upgrade is causing the checksum mismatch and hence the "peer-rejected" issue.

Aah i see - i subscribed to the issue to keep track when this is potentially resolved.

I always hesitate to upgrade to a x.0 version - but as those holidays are the best time for these upgrades i thought i might skip v9 this time.

To close this for me, as i have a lot of updates to do and this was one of the prequisites, i downgraded the host to v9.4 and this didn't cause any errors. I will now upgrade all other nodes to 9.4.
 As the release schedule changed with v10 and the world we live in atm is generally slowing everything down i hope to stay on a maintained v9 until late next year - and that's totally fine with me.
________

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Bridge: https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk