Re: [Qusetions] How profile affect glusterfs performance?

On 06/07/2017 02:41 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:

Hi Yuan,

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 1:14 PM, liuyuan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:liuyuan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <liuyuan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:liuyuan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Pranith,

    First of all, we owe you guys big thanks for your excellent work.

    I'm the lead of storage team in China Mobile, Xiubo is also in my
    team :)

Ah! nice :-).

    We have deployed more than 100 glusterfs nodes in producion(20 nodes
    for the biggest single cluster), so far so good.  Use case ranging
    from image/vedio, to small files for mailbox services.
    For profile stuff, we'd like to enable it as always to collect perf
    stat for monitoring.

Thank you for your feedback and details about deployment. It is always fascinating for us to learn about production usage of gluster :-).

    Also, I have a question for NDMP support. I bumpped one thread
    discussing it but not clear yet.
    (http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-August/050513.html
    <http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-August/050513.html>)

    Do you have any plan to for a glusterfs-ndmp server from scratch? We
    are new to the development of glusterfs, I think ndmp support would
    be a good starting point for us to join the
    development  of the community.  We'd like to see NDMP supported by
    glusterfs because some of our customers want it.

I don't know enough about this. Vijay has idea about this, so will
respond later.

We have had some thoughts about implementing a native ndmp server but have not had a chance to implement that. If you have an idea or design in mind for glusterfs-ndmp server, please share that here. Happy to provide any assistance needed for implementing this feature.

Cheers,
Vijay