Re: [Qusetions] How profile affect glusterfs performance?

在 6/7/2017 3:08 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri 写道:
On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Xie Changlong <xiechanglong.d@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

在 6/5/2017 6:30 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri 写道:

I meant what are you using gluster for? VM workload or image/video file
creation or lots of small files etc etc.

1) We use glusterfs for general purpose, no limit to image/video file
creation or small files etc.

Okay, this is good. What is the cluster size?
Is it replica 3 or replica 2 or arbiter or is it EC volume?

I use replica 2 on my test.
But in the real world, "we have deployed more than 100 glusterfs nodes in producion(20 nodes for the biggest single cluster)" per Liu Yuan. Replica 2/3, or EC are optional.

Please don't mind me asking so many details. I am delighted to see you guys

You are always welcome!

active in the community because I have seen Xiubo Li's work on tcmu-runner
who is also from chinamobile and his work is pretty good :-).

Yeah, i would be very pleasant to convey your praise. :)

2) We just want a low performance affect way to calculate each brick's
iops/bandwidth for the upper layer management app. BTW, is there any other
way to get iops/bandwith for each brick besides profile?

At the moment we have these stats using profile commands. As per Facebook
patches they enable json capture of io-stats on their volumes and measure
these. They have it enabled always. If that is not enough for you, then we

I think you mean FB guys gather data based on io-stats with profile always on, am i right?
BTW, are these patches open to everyone? so i can dig into it.

should probably look at enhancing things. Do send patches if you think
something would make things better :-).

--
Thanks
     -Xie