Re: [Gimp-user] Discontinuation of mailing lists and moving to Discourse

* Michael Schumacher via gimp-developer-list <gimp-developer-list@xxxxxxxxx> [10-19-22 06:18]:

> Am 19.10.22 um 07:43 schrieb Joel Rees via gimp-developer-list
> > Not a confidence builder. Which means, yeah, lurkers like me will likely
> > disappear from the community.
>
> Lurking is comparatively easy, though - if you are on
> https://discourse.gnome.org/tag/gimp and logged in (this isn't really a
> different requirement to being subscribed to a mailing list), you have
> the notifications bell icon on that site, and can select there what kind
> of notification mails you are receiving for this tag. I've set this to
> "Watching", for example - this should allow me to follow the discussions
> just like on an existing list.
>
> One downside is that you can't really determine from the notification
> mails that they are for the gimp tag, but their List-ID header tells you
> that they are from GNOME discourse, at least.
>
> What can be expected is a much higher volume than on the lists, though -
> so taking care of the notifications with mail client rules is likely a
> necessity.

that is: If one prefers forums which have always appeared to me as a bowl
of spaghetti soup, "Not a Good Thing!"

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                   paka @ IRCnet oftc