Re: [Gimp-user] Discontinuation of mailing lists and moving to Discourse

I'm not an active user of the lists, haven't posted in ages. so I was just
considering ignoring this thread and when the list disappears disappearing
from the community myself.

But I decided to investigate discourse to see if I would be installing a
client or whatever, and I find the project pages really don't tell me what
I want to know before I install something new. (That other thing, Discord,
for instance, does not seem to be surviving the move to the new phone. I'm
getting pickier.)

So I went to Wikipedia for a better overview and I noticed something
disconcerting on the Wikipedia page –

Paraphrased: This reads like advertising material. And, ... nine years
later it still reads like advertising material.

Not a confidence builder. Which means, yeah, lurkers like me will likely
disappear from the community.

FWIW.

Joel Rees