Re: some functions missing from procedure browser

I will answer (at least for Median Blur), but I am not a developer, and
someone else might know better.

ScriptFu calls procedures in the PDB, so yes, if it is not in the PDB, you
probably can't call it from ScriptFu ( and the PDB browser would not omit
anything.)

Just browsing the code:

app/actions/filter-actions.c seems to show that the menu item in GIMP calls
gegl:median-blur

pdb/groups/plug_in_compat.pdb seems to be Perl code that generates PDB
procedures for many GEGL filters.  And "Median" is not found there.

This page
https://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Hacking:Porting_filters_to_GEGL#Display_filters
seems to show the history of porting Gimp filters to GEGL, and Median Blur
is not there.

I don't know why Median Blur was not made available in the PDB, possibly it
was just an oversight.

I don't know of any more general way to call a GEGL filter from ScriptFu.
In Gimp 3, in another language such as Python, you could use GObject
Introspections to call GEGL, but ScriptFu does not use GI (it only
introspects and calls PDB procedures).  Maybe it is  possible to modify the
ScriptFu interpreter to provide a Scheme function to call any GEGL filter.

Again, I could be wrong, maybe it IS there, just hard to find.