Re: some functions missing from procedure browser

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 4:20 AM ian martins via gimp-developer-list
<gimp-developer-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm using gimp 2.10.18. Most functions are easily found in the
> procedure browser, but some don't appear to be there. I don't see
> these:
>
> - Filters>Blur>Median Blur
> - Filters>Blur>Mean Curvature Blur
> - Colors>Auto>White Balance
> - Colors>Tone Mapping>Mantiuk 2006
>
> Are they available to script-fu? If so, how can they be found?

I do not think so. GIMP/scrip-fu is lacking a way to apply arbitrary
available GEGL operations to a drawable. For the cases where GEGL
operations have taken over the load from gimp-plugins, GIMP developers
have added PDB wrappers/integration for each op, similar to how it had
to be done with plug-ins. To expose the above operations to script-fu
either more PDB wrappers need to be written or a generic mechanism to
invoke a GEGL op (this will be better for the future; since it means
less boiler plate code needed in many places in GIMP for each bit of
added functionality.)

Merry Yuletide, /pippin