Re: feature request: forget about the goat (somewhat translation related)

În data de Fri, 22 May 2020 01:51:43 +0200, Jehan Pagès a scris:

> [...]
> Basically in the future, this plug-in will be a looot more
> interesting, self-explanatory and better labelled.

Hopefully ...

> [...]
> Are you asking this as one of the translators of GIMP?

Yes (for Romanian)

> Now I agree that the plug-in is not self-explanatory enough in GIMP
> 2.10.x and I understand that people will wonder what this filter is
> exactly. [...] This is passed, it has been like this
> for 2 years already, nobody ever complains of it (and if they don't
> get it, a simple web search or asking on a forum like in your link
> and they can get their answer), [...]

What relevant answer can one get by searching (without quotes) "gimp promener une chèvre" ? Or "gimp esercizio per capre" ? Or "gimp Потренировать козу" ? Or "gimp ejercitar una cabra" ? And so on. At most they will only find references to the corresponding msgstr source code for their language.

> Yet if anyone were to propose some patch to goat invasion, possibly
> to make it work the same on GIMP 2.10.x as it does now on master
> (it's not just a simple cherry-pick as we changed the API, but it
> should not be too hard anyway), I would gladly accept the patch.

Not sure I understand what you mean, but I only complained about the name (menu name and its tooltip), not what it actually do (by the way, I don't know what this plug-in actually does, except that it's something about a work out in conjunction with a goat, but still I didn't understand if the work out (the exercise) is done by the owner of the goat, or by the goat itself :)

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
https://www.secarica.ro