Re: When writing a GIMP Plugin using Python, can the Plugin display a GIMP based Dialog box informing the user if they haven't provided an argument?

You should IMHO prevent performing an operation when the input is invalid.
Yes, it's definitely easier to throw an exception, but those are IMHO
rather to deal with some unexpected errors.